** This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link & purchase something. Learn more here.**
I have yet to meet a toddler who doesn’t absolutely love goldfish crackers. Here’s an easy recipe for homemade cheese crackers with real cheese (’cause who knows what’s actually in the store-bought ones lol)! My husband and I ate most of them, so you’ll probably do the same. But hey, everybody wins with this one.
Homemade Cheese Crackers
- Food Processor
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese
- 1 cup all purpose flour (can be substituted with gluten free flour)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 tablespoons cold salted butter (cut into 1/2" pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (Farenheit).
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine flour, salt, paprika, and garlic powder. Pulse for a couple seconds.
- Slowly add the grated cheese into food processor and pulse until combined.
- Slowly add in the water and pulse until dough comes together to form a big ball.
- Flour your surface and separate dough into two balls. Roll out each cheese dough so it is about 1/4" thick.
- Use cookie cutters to create the goldfish shapes and place on the parchment paper placing them at least 1/2" apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes and let cool. These can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for a week. I recommend eating them by day two when they taste best!
Cookie Cutter: I found a set of animal cracker cutters that I loved. This one includes shark and fish cutters that are perfect sizes or you can use them all to make the animal crackers.
Like this post? Save it on your Pinterest boards! 📌